Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Wacky Wednesday-Wacky Cake recipe (no eggs)

My friend Elisabeth used to make this cake because she didn't always have eggs, but the rest of the ingredients are usually around.  She was a little wacky, but I miss her.    She took me  on many adventures-my favorite was taking 3 buses from the suburbs through downtown San Diego and going to the beach for the day-we were too young to drive.  I probably wouldn't have done that myself or even thought I could.  We've lost contact over the years and I'm not sure where she is now, but whenever I make wacky cake, I think of her.



Wacky Cake
Recipe courtesy Gale Gand

Prep Time:15 minInactive Prep Time: -- Cook Time:35 min
Level:  Easy
Serves:  16 servings

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon white vinegar
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup cold water

Directions
Preheat 350 degrees F.

Place the dry ingredients in a bowl. Make 3 small holes in the mixture. Pour the vanilla in one hole, the vinegar in another and vegetable oil in another. Pour water over the top and mix. Pour into a lightly greased 8 by 8 inch pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.



Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com

No comments:

Post a Comment