Saturday, July 27, 2013

Saturday quotes-Hope

Hope is one of my favorite things to study.  It is a lot like faith, but to me it encompasses so much more.  Some think of hope as having a hint of uncertainty or doubt, but a more accurate definition is found on lds.org and says:

 "Hope is the confident expectation of and longing for the promised blessings of righteousness. The scriptures often speak of hope as anticipation of eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ. " 

Hope is not the uncertainty, it is the assurance that provides confidence.  Our own doubts cause the uncertainty and the light of Christ is the hopeful, more certain part of our soul.  The scriptures also talk of having a "perfect brightness of hope."  This is the kind of hope I want to have, which gives us the assurance that it will all be worth it in the end.  Hope makes me believe in happy endings. It is hope that helps me "try it one more time."

No comments:

Post a Comment