Thursday, July 4, 2013

Storing today's sunshine


Early morning. Quiet.  Not too warm yet.  Blue sky.  Slight breeze.  Perfect.


Before the rush and excitement of the day, I would bottle and store the calm and peace of the quiet morning.  Store the sunshine that is warm on my face.  I am not hot because the sun is low in the sky and day is young.  It's a day to relax and reflect, so I don't have the usual cares of the day.  I look forward to being with friends and family to celebrate.  But for now, I enjoy the solitude.  I am grateful for this day.


Looking forward to our wonderful feast of Burgers, Brats (Hillshire Farms Cheddar Wurst is best), my homemade potato salad (my secret is white wine vinegar), Kettle Chips (great on potato salad for a little crunch, jello salad (I hope my friend brings that yummy pretzel jello salad), and Bush's Baked Beans.  Also, brownies and cookies and maybe watermelon for dessert.  Anything else people bring is great.  Okay, I'll post that jello salad in case she sees this and wants to make it.  Happy Fourth!

From Allrecipes.com

Strawberry Pretzel Salad
recipe image
Rated:rating
Submitted By: BETILDA
Photo By: Tricia Jaeger
Prep Time: 35 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Ready In: 45 Minutes
Servings: 12

"A pretzel crust topped with a sweet cream cheese layer and a strawberry topping."
INGREDIENTS:
2 cups crushed pretzels
3/4 cup butter, melted
3 tablespoons white sugar
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese,
softened
1 cup white sugar
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped
topping, thawed
2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry
flavored Jell-O®
2 cups boiling water
2 (10 ounce) packages frozen
strawberries
DIRECTIONS:
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2.Stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter and 3 tablespoons sugar; mix well and press mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
3.Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until set. Set aside to cool.
4.In a large mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and 1 cup sugar. Fold in whipped topping. Spread mixture onto cooled crust.
5.Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in still frozen strawberries and allow to set briefly. When mixture is about the consistency of egg whites, pour and spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until set.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2013 Allrecipes.comPrinted from Allrecipes.com 7/4/2013





No comments:

Post a Comment