Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Tuesday miTunes-I Make My Own Sunshine

"I Make My Own Sunshine," by Alyssa Bonagura

Today's tune is one of my favorites right now.  When I heard it on a Lowe's commercial, I had to look it up.  Gratefully, they acknowledged the song in the ad and I downloaded it immediately.  That was last summer and it's been a favorite all through last winter.  Here's a link to the song with lyrics:




I love the idea of making my own sunshine.  To me this is about reaching deep into my soul to change my mood or just not let outside influences put me in a bad mood.  It is a skill that is learned over time.  I invite you to try it.  What makes you happy?  I mean really happy?  If it is a real place, you should take pictures of that place and when you go to that place, make an imprint in your memory.  If it is a place you've never physically been, then use your imagination to see all around that place, smell the essence, feel the weather and warmth.  Make it so real that you can go there anytime you need to or want to.  If it's not a place, but a person, then do the same thing.  Whether they are living close to you or not living any longer, gather every detail about them and make an imprint for yourself.  The mind is a powerful tool that we need to learn how to use in a good way, to remember good things and draw upon the strength of them.  If your happy thing is a thing, then get some, get pictures of it on your phone.  You can do all kinds of things to bring yourself happiness.  Ponder what really makes you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment