Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday Favorites-Casual Dining

Cooking is not my favorite thing, but I don't have a lot of money so going out to eat is still a huge treat for me.  And if I find something I like at a particular place, I usually always order my favorite.

1.  Costa Vida-chicken salad, no beans, with tomatillo ranch dressing and extra cilantro, no guacamole.

I never get tired of this.  Once on vacation I had it 3 times in a week.  Sometimes I just go and buy the dressing and use it on my own salads and wraps at home.

2.  Panera Bread-Asian Sesame Signature Salad w/Baguette

This salad is so balanced for me between the meat, salad and dressing. Yes, it also has cilantro and the bread on the side is always fresh.  (Who doesn't love fresh bread?)

3.  Hacienda Colorado-Original Fish Tacos (with Mahi-Mahi)

So light and filling and always hits the spot.  Plus, they have great chips and salsa.  Yes, cilantro again.

4.  QDoba Mexican Grill-Pick Two menu-Mexican Gumbo w/chicken, chicken tacos, extra cilantro.

This gumbo is the best on a chilly day.  If it's really cold, I skip the tacos and get the full gumbo.  This is soup I would stand in line for.  (Like for the Soup Nazi on Seinfeld).

5.  Armando's Ristorante-Mediterranean Salad with grilled salmon on top.

No cilantro here, but I love the feta cheese.  I especially like a bite of fresh salmon with the feta and a greek olive. They have some good garlic knots too that come with marinara.

6.  Red Lobster-blackened salmon from Today's Fresh Fish menu, with mashed potatoes and broccoli.

Obviously, the best place to get salmon.  Also love the cheddar biscuits.

7.  Rubio's-original fish tacos plate with chips and refried beans.  I also like the grilled fish.

Haven't tried a lot of the other kinds of fish here because the battered original is so tasty and I don't have one very close to home.  But yes, I get extra cilantro and I like how they have a salsa bar and one bin is just cilantro and onion mixed.

I also enjoy Wahoo's, Chili's, Cheesecake Factory, Olive Garden, Chipotle, Applebee's, Red Robin and Old Chicago Pizza.


No comments:

Post a Comment