Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sunday Blessings-Happy Father's Day

It takes more than just fertilization to have the honor of being a father.  That's why if I speak of my father, I am referring to the man who raised me from the time he met my mother.  I was 7 years old and wanted a father in my life.  Along came a man who was young, energetic, funny and head over heels in love with my mom.  He'll never be rich, because he'd just give it all away.  But he's rich in other ways.  He's not a scholar, but he's smart enough to know what's important in life.  And he can remember the name of my best friend from 3rd grade and the family from church that had twins back in the mid 80's.  He doesn't know his way around on the internet, but he's got more friends than anyone I know, even though he's not even on facebook.   He's a great listener and will cry right along with even a stranger with a sad story.  Basically, he's one of a kind and I think he's the best dad ever.  I am so grateful he found us.

No comments:

Post a Comment