Sunday, June 8, 2014

Sunday Blessings-An Amazing Race

This past week I was able to go on an "Amazing Race" with the youth for their Youth Conference.  We traveled by bus and light rail to downtown Denver and they had to follow clues around the city.  It was a ton of walking and I was impressed at how well I was able to keep up with them.  They were such a nice group of kids-especially MY group.  But some of the most memorable things were people we met or saw downtown, especially homeless people and street performers and some just hanging around.  One challenge was to play chess with a stranger and teach a gospel principle.  You had to find the public chess boards and talk someone into playing with you.  The guy we found was really nice and was trying not to win too fast, but really our team would have liked him to just do it quick so we could move on.  Another time, we saw a guy playing a banjo who was very talented and I wondered if he made a living just playing his banjo.  People in general are very nice and helpful.  I've always preferred to believe that people are basically good, some are just lost or have had a hard life.  I know there are some downright evil people in the world, but I didn't come across any in the past few days.  Of course, I also know that the Lord was blessing and protecting this great group of kids and I'm grateful for that.  I'm also grateful to have been able to participate and to be with my daughter.


No comments:

Post a Comment