Sunday, June 22, 2014

Sunday Blessings-Air Conditioning

I know it's not a typical thing to be grateful for.  Most of the things I'm grateful for I have already mentioned in previous posts.  But when it is so hot outside and I feel the cool air, it makes me think of times when we didn't have air conditioning.  I guess sometimes we are more appreciative when we have to do without something.  After camping, I am most grateful for a shower and a comfy bed.  I am amazed at how comfortable our lives are with so many modern conveniences.  The things that save us time (like dishwashers, washing machines, and cars) or make us more comfortable (like air-conditioning, heaters and cars) provide us with extra time and energy to do other things.  But how do we use all the time we save?  These are also things we should not take for granted, because they can all be gone in a split second.  Every corner of our earth has natural disasters that could strike at any given moment.  Besides that, one could lose a job and not be able to afford a place to live or suddenly be faced with some terrible illness.  So it's good to be grateful for the small things we might take for granted-like air conditioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment