Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tuesday miTunes-If We Hold On Together by Donna Summer




I really love the lyrics to this song.  It's from a little animated movie called "The Land Before Time" but the words seem so appropriate to getting through this crazy thing called life.  I especially like the lyric "Valley, mountain.  There is a fountain, washes our tears all away..."  I think of the savior being the 'fountain of living water' who truly washes away our tears.  I also like when it says, "When we are out there in the dark, we'll dream about the sun. In the dark, we'll feel the light..." which reminds me that no matter where we are or what dark things are around us, we can feel the light of Christ and it will warm our hearts and strengthen us.  And of course, I like that it talks about "holding on together." This makes me think of holding onto the Iron Rod (from the prophet Lehi's dream and represents the word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment