Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday Favorites-Naps

Dear Sleep,

I know I didn't like you very much when I was a kid.  I distinctly 
remember being at daycare and how happy I was when I turned 
5 years old and didn't have to take naps with the "babies" any 
more.  But now I find myself longing for you.  Now it's hard to 
live without you.  I just can't seem to get enough of you.  

Most Sincerely,

Me

This is really my own sincere letter based on a Pinterest post.  But it's so true for me.  I have to get my kids up at 5:30 and take them to early morning seminary (or they wouldn't get there).  And on the other end, I can't seem to get to sleep earlier than 10pm.  I think I am one of those people who needs a little more sleep.  Anyway, I can get by a few days on less sleep, but by day 3 or 4, I have to get a nap in or be able to sleep in.  I think the best is when I can just wake up naturally with no alarm.  The second best is napping on a cool day in the sunshine.  My bed is higher up and the sun shines in my windows in the afternoon so that I can lay with my feet and legs in the sun but not my upper body or face.  I did that the day before yesterday and it was heavenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment