Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Tuesday miTunes-100 Years by Five for Fighting

The reason I like this song is that it reminds how fast time moves on and before I know I'll be as old as my grandma.  When he says "...fifteen there's still time for you..." I think of when I was fifteen or 20 or 30 and all the fond memories and things I loved about that age.  I have the memories and by and large they are all good.  Even the tough ages are times I learned a lot, mostly about myself.  For example, when I was fifteen, I thought the most important thing was to be thin, tan and rich.  I did some crazy diets, including a lengthy fast where I only drank water for 2 and a half days.  I thought I was so smart for sunbathing incrementally longer periods of time so I didn't get sunburned.  I hid money in my sock drawer, but never had much income at that age.  And mostly I thought Sixteen would be the magical age when I could drive and date and have a real job.  I've learned how superficial I used to be and try now to enjoy whatever age I am in.  Right now I am 45.  And I know from experience that the years pass sooner and sooner every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment