Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sunday Blessings-My Turn on Earth

Well, those who remember the old LDS play will know what I'm referring to.  But I am grateful today for my own turn on earth.  When those close to us pass away, we tend to think more on our own mortality.  I am also grateful to have such great knowledge of the burning questions:
Where did I come from?
Why am I here?
Where am I going after I die?

I have been taught since I was young and have gained a testimony of the answers to these questions.  But there are still details I wish I knew.  The music from "My Turn on Earth" has given me a lot of comfort and guidance.  My favorite song is the title song with the following lyrics:

My Turn lyrics by Carol Lynn Pearson
Words: Carol Lynn Pearson Music: Lex de Azevedo

The world turns round like a merry go round.
It lets some off and it takes some on.
Some horses are high and some horses are low.
Some turns are short and some turns are long.
(chorus)
My turn, it's my turn.
It ends with death it begins with birth
And it's my turn, it's my turn,
It's my turn on earth.

Well never mind just how long you stay,
The size or shade of the hourse you've got.
Just see all the sights and hear all the sounds
And feel the sun, and you'll learn a lot.

The world turns round like a Ferris wheel.
Some times you're low and sometimes you're high.
But even way down you can never forget
The thrill you feel when you're touchin' the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment