Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sunday Blessings-Employment

Today and every day for the last few years, I am grateful for my husband's income.  He works so hard for our family and has been unemployed several times over the years. But since being unemployed in 2009-10 for 8 months and then 3 more months a year later, I have gained a greater appreciation for the blessing of having a good job.  Whenever I pray for our dinner, I say that I am "grateful for the food and the income that provides it" and ask for a blessing on it.  It was a difficult time and was so hard to go through.  But we had worked many years building our savings and staying out of debt, so other than some help with groceries, we made it through without using credit cards and without losing our home.  We always paid tithing (10% donation to our church) and we feel like we were also blessed because of that.  We are so grateful for the blessing of employment.

No comments:

Post a Comment