Friday, January 31, 2014

Friday Favorites-one of Natalie's favorite memories



So one of my good friends just passed away and I was thinking of a favorite memory of hers that she shared with me and how much I would love to see it.

She traveled on business to Washington DC (probably sometime in the early 80's) and had arrived late at night and was so tired she went right to sleep at her hotel.

  When she opened the window in her hotel room in the morning, she was surprised by the beautiful pink blossoms. It was Spring and the cherry blossoms were in full splendor.  Her favorite color is pink and I think because she wasn't expecting it, the impact was unforgettable.

I bet she just stared out the window for a long while.  That's what I would do.  Then I would have to get out there and walk under them and smell their wonderful fragrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment