Sunday, August 24, 2014

Sunday Blessings-the things I can see

I remember as a child, thinking about which of my senses was the one I couldn't do without.  I think my eyes would probably be the one I would choose as most important.  As I have recently been driving through Colorado, Wyoming and Idaho and traveled to Florida, I have a great appreciation for all the beautiful things I can see.  The rock formations, the flowers, the rolling hills and blue skies.  I also appreciate being able to read.  I especially love to read the words of God in scripture.  There is great comfort and peace in knowing Him and His Son better.  And I know I will feel great joy when I see them again.  As it says in Moses 6:63, all things bear record of the Son.  The wonders of the earth and nature are organized and could not have come about through coincidence or chance.  I know that they are really all creations for man to enjoy and for us to be assured that there is indeed a God in heaven who loves us.  The only thing more valuable than seeing is in seeing the truth of eternal things.

No comments:

Post a Comment