Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sunday Blessings-Mercy

I am so grateful today for a merciful Savior and Heavenly Father.  Maybe it's just me, but I really learn best from my own experiences.  As I read my journals and other things I have written,  I see that at times I have made poor decisions and acted immaturely.  I cherish the hard things, the joyous things, the blessings and the tender moments documented by my own hand.  Admittedly, I am a little embarrassed at some of the things I wrote in my younger days, but it is still part of who I was and I know the situations, feelings and events leading up to those now "embarrassing" entries.  I have learned to be merciful to myself.
I think that is how mercy works in our lives.  I think our Heavenly Father knows what's in our hearts and what contributing factors worked toward our poor decisions and actions.  Not that they are just excused.  We may have to suffer consequences or repent, but the process is gentle and done with great love.  I know that sometimes repentance and natural consequences seem harsh, especially if the sin was greater.  But I can testify that our Heavenly Father loves us and loves when turn our hearts toward righteousness and rejoices in our lessons learned, our spiritual growth and our humility.  He knows these things will make us happy.  I believe he extends mercy because of His great love for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment