Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Tuesday miTunes-Finding Home by Mindy Gledhill

This song brings back a lot of memories for me of childhood.  I have an excellent memory of my childhood and it's fun to remember such a simple time of life.  Especially when she sings of pocket change and the candy bins.  We traveled and moved a lot when I was growing up and I remember how excited I got to go into the Gift Shop or the Store.  When I was very young, I "helped" my mom at the Drive-in and distinctly remember whoppers as my favorite penny candy.  Another time, I remember staying at a campground and begging for change to spend at the camp store.
This song reminds me that those childhood days are fond memories because I worried less about complicated things and what I wished I had but instead focused on what was in front of me that I could afford.  I don't remember wishing I had more money, but just relishing that I had some and could decide for myself what it was worth spending it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment