Monday, July 28, 2014

Monday Messages-How to be alone

This is a fascinating video about how to be happy when you are alone.  I find this so interesting and hope that some of my single friends will gain something from it like go to the movies or go out to eat instead of always getting takeout and a Redbox  Even those who are not single but have difficulty being alone may be encouraged to do things alone instead of hibernating or waiting for their spouse or kids to get back home.
I remember a time when I felt really lonely right before my second year of college, before any of my friends or roommates had arrived.  No TV, before the days of cell phones, and no car.  I was lonelier than I had ever been in my life and one thing that made a huge difference was taking myself to a movie.  I'll never forget it.  The movie was "The Trip to Bountiful."  It was a strange movie and I barely remember it, but something happened to me as I treated myself to popcorn and watched it among other people, but by myself.  I think it made me realize that I can be good company for myself and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.  I learned that I like myself and it's okay to do things with just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment