Sunday, July 20, 2014

Sunday Blessings-marriage

Being married and having someone to share all life's ups and downs with has been a huge blessing to me.  After spending 26 years with him, I must say that I feel like we've been together forever and yet it seems like only yesterday.  I am so glad that I kept a journal right before, during and since we met because it reminds me of how strongly I felt back then about him and helps me realize that I promised to stick with him forever.  He's not perfect, but he's mine and I love him.  We've built a life together that is connected by children, religion, shared experiences, hardships and miracles.  We disagree sometimes, but we are willing to come together rather than be drawn apart.  I can't find who said it, but many marital counselors ask:  Would you rather be right or happy?
We all like to be right and think we are right.  I have learned through many experiences that I would much rather be happy.  I have on occasion felt the need to be understood so much that I would not give in, but agreed to disagree on the subject-usually these involve raising our children.  
I am grateful to have a husband who loves me and who treats me well and appreciates what I do.  I am grateful to have such a good marriage.  I am grateful to have an eternal marriage, where we have been sealed together forever in a temple of God.     

No comments:

Post a Comment