Thursday, September 11, 2014

Thursday Tips & Tricks-Rainy Day Pick-me-ups

It's been rainy off and on for days and is supposed to continue.  Here are my favorite things to do on a rainy day:

Watch a movie-even one you've seen many times (like Pride and Prejudice-a classic, but I like the Keira Knightly one best)

Get out your umbrella and go for a walk-see "Hilary Weeks-Dancing in the Rain" post from Sep 13, 2013

Make some soup-my favorite is Green Chile Chicken Soup with Rice

Go to the mall or big Book Store (I love Barnes & Noble and Tattered Cover Books)

Bake something yummy-the eating it is more favorite to me than making, but sometimes it's worth the effort if it's something I love.  I found a no egg chocolate chip cookie recipe that is really good and it doesn't hurt that I can eat the raw cookie dough too.

Watch some funny YouTube videos.  My daughter watches Good Mythical Morning, which is a clean and funny video blog (vlog) that's kind of a radio show/ science kind of thing.

Watch old family videos or go through old albums.

Go cheer up someone else-this is a sure fire way to cheer yourself.  Or be with someone who loves rainy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment