Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sunday Blessings-Signs of Spring

Now that winter is over and the News is only forecasting rain, I can savor this season of Spring and the wonderful month of May.
First, the trees are either budding or blooming, the grass is green and growing, flowers are showing and warmer days are more numerous than cool ones.  Also, more birds are singing and we even have a little nest in the tree outside our kitchen window.
Graduations are perfect now because they seem like endings, but are really beginnings.  Spring is the hope, excitement and anticipation of all things new, spontaneous and about to begin.
Today is Sunday. So I am reminded of the scripture in Moses 6:63

 63 And behold, all things have their likeness, and all things are created and made to bear record of me, both things which are temporal, and things which are spiritual; things which are in the heavens above, and things which are on the earth, and things which are in the earth, and things which are under the earth, both above and beneath: all things bear record of me.

Spring is full of new life, awakening, rebirth and renewal.  Chirst's resurrection and the power of the atonement to change us should be the reminder of Spring.  When I attend church and take the Sacrament, I can renew my spirit and awaken the desires I have to do good after cleansing my soul with repentance.  Even after the dead of winter and the barren trees and plants, it amazes me how it all comes to life again.  The green of the grass is a more beautiful green than I remember.  The flowers are the most brilliant colors and for some reason the sky even seems a brighter shad of blue.  All these point to the hope of Christ that assures us we can become new again, we can change into better versions of ourselves and we can believe that as we age and contemplate dying, that too will really only be a beginning to eternity.  I am so grateful for all the reminders of Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment