Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Today we honor all mothers.  But on this day, I think most about the blessings of being a mother.  I have had the privilege of seeing motherhood from many perspectives.  I have been a working mom, a single mom (when my husband has to travel for work), a stay-at-home mom, a daycare provider/mom, and a grandmother.  I have been the most happy and satisfied just being the stay-at-home mom.  Not that it's easy.  Sometimes I think back fondly to the time I worked and took my kids to daycare, but I am grateful that it was only a few years.  The laundry and dishes never stop piling up and even adult kids need emotional support from the mom sometimes.  They look to mom for a good dinner, even though this mom doesn't like to cook.  They look to mom for help with school projects and homework, even though some of this mom's skills are lacking (especially the higher math).  They need mom for rides and advice when they aren't feeling good.  So much is needed from mom.  But this mom is glad to be the one they ask.  This mom loves being helpful and needed.  This mom gets so much joy in doing all these things for her children and home.  This mom loves her children unconditionally and forever.

Being a mom is the toughest job you'll ever love.  But I can attest that all the sacrifice is worth the happiness it brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment