Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sunday Blessings-"all good things"

All good things come from God.  I am blessed by my Heavenly Father in countless ways.  Since doing this blog, I have been able to focus on different blessings each Sunday.  I've covered the main things but I realize that there are infinitely numerous things to be grateful for.  I have such a good life-great marriage, good kids, the cutest and most entertaining granddaughter ever, my faith, my health, my husband's good income, a beautiful home, a car that runs, wonderful extended family, a nice Ward Family (my church congregation), my senses to enjoy nature, I live in a safe community, and most of all, a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ including the knowledge that He is my Savior and through Him I can accomplish every righteous desire of my heart.  I know there are many people suffering in different ways and I again remember President Uchtdorf's reminder that we should learn to have a grateful heart, no matter our circumstance-if we have a long list of blessings or feel like they are few.  Sometimes, the blessings of today don't last indefinitely and that attitude of feeling blessed and grateful will be challenged.  It is in those hard times that we should pray for our loving Heavenly Father's spirit to get us through, not that He will take away our trials.  I can say from experience that this is easier said than done.  But I can also say that I have tried it and it does seem to help.  When we feel His love for us, it is easier to endure anything.  Humble prayer, I think, is the key.

No comments:

Post a Comment