Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sunday Blessings-health

Health is one of those things that we cannot truly appreciate until we lose it.  But if it's possible, I hope to have so much gratitude for it that maybe I don't have to go through the challenges I see others deal with in this area.  Just to be able to walk is a blessing that a girl of 16 I know will have to relearn to do after an extensive and painful surgery and rehabilitation.  And just to be able to breathe without thinking about it, unlike a very dear friend who is on oxygen and gets out of breath at the slightest exertion.  And to have my mental health, which is a growing trial for women of my age who struggle with mild to severe depression.  For all these things I am profoundly grateful and realize that my health can be challenged in a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment