Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sunday Blessings-General Conference

This weekend has been wonderful.  The words of our dear prophet and apostles has spoken to my heart.  There are things I can do better and words of comfort and quotes I want to remember.  It's also nice to be with my family even if we are just watching together.  I am so grateful to be able to enjoy it in the comfort of our home.  I remember as a child when the local cable company only showed the Sunday sessions and sometimes not even that.  It is a blessing to the church as a whole to have such ready access to the words of the Lord spoken to his prophets, seers and revelators.  It has become a weekend to look forward to.
Another thing I am grateful for today is that my son was called on a mission to Atlanta, Georgia.  He leaves on December 31 for 2 years.  I am grateful that he wanted to go and I am so grateful that the day is in sight.  There is a lot to do to get ready.  I know he will be a great missionary too.

No comments:

Post a Comment