Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sunday Blessings-Quiet time

With a house full of people and limited free time, I am more grateful for my quiet time.  Even if it's to work on this blog or listen to uplifting music.  I guess I appreciate the quiet more than I used to.  I remember leaving the TV on for the company and longing to talk with other moms of small children.  But today I am in a different season of my life and I can appreciate my own company.  I really don't mind being alone as much as I did when I was younger.  I think I'm better company for myself than I used to be.  But even as I cherish my quiet moments now, I realize there may yet come another time of life when my children and grandchildren are all busy with their own lives and I may long for this time of noise and busy days.  So I will still be grateful for quiet moments but not so much that I wish away the days that are NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment