Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sunday Blessings-faith amidst the whirlwinds

Protect yourself from the whirlwinds of life...read the Book of Mormon - Neil L. Andersen readthescriptures.com #lds #ldsconf #scripturestudy #ElderAndersen

I am grateful for Elder Neil L. Anderson's talk in our LDS General Conference Saturday morning.  He talked about the whirlwinds of our day that are increasing and how we can overcome them.  Reading the Book of Mormon will help.  He mentioned my favorite scripture in the Book of Mormon.



Helaman 5:12
12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

I can say from my own experience that when troubles come, as they always do, they do not have power to drag me down if I rely on my faith in Jesus Christ.  I know that everything will turn out alright if I am doing all I can to be faithful to my covenants and promises to Him.  He loves me and will be with me until the storm has passed.  It may not pass any quicker, but with faith, I can conquer the fears.


No comments:

Post a Comment