Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sunday Blessings-breathing

Sometimes I do take for granted that my body takes 12-18 breaths every minute without me even thinking about it.  I am so grateful to have good lungs and clean air to breathe in.  I am also grateful when my sinuses are clear.  Breathing delivers oxygen and releases carbon dioxide and is so important that it is a natural reflex.  It is interesting that one cannot choose to stop breathing.  It is so vital to our life that if a healthy person were to hold their breath long enough, they would pass out and then resume breathing while unconscious.  Conscious, deep breathing can be very relaxing and can be a form of meditation.  Tomorrow we will talk more about this.  Today I am grateful for the miracle that is breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment