Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sunday Blessings-a body

How wonderful is it to be alive?  To have an actual body of flesh and bones?  I obviously can't say what it's like to be a spirit just wishing to have a body, but I can imagine.  I believe that we lived as a spirit before coming to earth to get a body.  A spirit does not have the magnified abilities that having a body brings.  Even when we are frustrated with our bodies and the pains, limitations and imperfections that each body has (especially as we age), we can appreciate the miracle that our body functions, repairs itself and fights disease and infection mostly without our even being conscious of it all.  I appreciate all that my body is capable of and most especially all the fully functional senses that make life so joyful.  I love to smell things, to taste good foods, to see the beauty in the world, to hear music, laughter and words that teach and inspire me and to touch and feel softness, warmth, and especially the affections of loved ones.  These are all things enjoyed by our spirit but only through the miracle of our bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment